CarGurus , the most visited US online marketplace, gives drivers more: more selection, more insights, and more certainty so they can get t...
CarGurus, the most visited US online marketplace, gives drivers more: more selection, more insights, and more certainty so they can get the best deal when they buy or sell a car. Shoppers can confidently search from millions of listings from home - more than any other site - and get access to key info like mileage, vehicle history, and days on the lot. And now, CarGurus is extending its capabilities to allow consumers to not just research cars online and contact dealers, but to do more of buying and selling online. Shoppers can prequalify for financing, value their trade in and even search from cars that can be delivered to their door all before contacting a dealer.
- In 8 states, consumers can now sell their car 100% online to CarGurus, instantly getting the best offer sourced from thousands of dealers nationwide with the ability to have the car picked up from their driveway and get paid on the spot.
- CarGurus uses technology and an unrivaled scale – more cars, more data, more insights, more choices on how to buy and sell - to equip drivers with the confidence to head into their transaction feeling prepared and knowledgeable.
- CarGurus has built their brand into the most visited car shopping site in America by making it fast and easy for consumers to find a great deal on a used car. In recent years, they have seen competitors copy that messaging, so they have sharpened it with a focus on the details that matter – the data-driven rigor of our deal ratings and how stringent they are in giving out great deal ratings. They put more into their platform so consumers can get more out of it and that’s a key focus of the campaign, highlighted in both the “Home Office” and “We Need Space” spots.
Building on that foundation, they’re also using this campaign to highlight new dimensions of how CarGurus brings more to consumers – specifically our new capabilities to let them do more of car buying and selling from home.
- Family highlights that CG is extending their digital retail capabilities to enable consumers to prequalify for financing, value trade-ins, and even shop from cars that can be delivered right to their driveway, all from the comfort of home.
- Moving showcases that in select states, consumers can also now sell their car 100% online to CarGurus, instantly getting the best offer for their car sourced from thousands of dealers.
The “Do More From Home” spots can be found on CarGurus’ YouTube video library.
Creatively, an important element of the campaign is that they personified CarGurus in the form of two smart, helpful guides to bring our brand personality to life and ensure these ads are unmistakably ours in a crowded category. The Gurus meet shoppers where they are, both literally and metaphorically, to tell them about the rigor of the platform and the breadth of services CG offers to ensure they feel confident before they buy or sell a car. The new Guru duo will appear in 4 unique TV spots, popping into situations where consumers are navigating the car shopping or car selling process from home.
The campaign will run on national TV and be supplemented with digital and social executions.