Meet our first Featured Creative and learn more about what life is like as a Creative Director via this fun and insightful 'Q&A'...
Meet our first Featured Creative and learn more about what life is like as a Creative Director via this fun and insightful 'Q&A' session with Neel Majumder who has worked on various fashion campaigns for brands such as Christian Dior, Estee Lauder and Coco de Mer.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. What do you do? Where do you work? How long have you been working as a creative professional?
I am a Creative Director & Advertising Film Director at Image Work Advertising Agency and also Creative Head at Bahoman Magazine. I have been working in this industry over 12 years.
2. How did you end up working as a professional creative? What drew or motivated you to do the work that you do now?
I started to work in this industry as a graphic designer, mostly out of passion during my early college days. But, gradually it pulled me inside and the more I got involved, the more I started to explore. It's a never ending learning process with the fun of being a creator. Nothing can be a bigger motivator then seeing your creation is being appreciated.
3. Tell us about some creative work that inspire you? Whose work do you admire?
When one grows up reading and watching works of Legendary Film Director and Writer Satyajit Ray, then the inspiration ought to be inspired by him. Beside him, Piyush Pandey, Martin Scorsese & James Cameron inspire me all the time.
4. What’s the biggest creative challenge in your career to date?
Each project has a different concept and it takes a lot of hard work and team work to execute it. Executing a commercial project with commercial success is always challenging. I think I feel the same challenge for every project.
5. What most excites you about working in your industry?
Unlimited visionary space where you can give shape to your dream and imagination.
6. Everyone needs time out. What do you do in your spare time to help re-energize your creative side?
Adventure sport helps me to keep my adrenaline alive, besides that reading thriller novels, photography and lots of movies. I am a total movie buff!
7. What’s the best piece of advice you’d give your younger self? OR What advice would you give to those who are just starting out in your industry?
I think the situations I have faced, made me what I am today. So all those mistakes I made really helped me grow to be wiser and changed my perspective. So, really, no advice to my younger self, but for those who are new, self confidence & knowledge is most important. First you study, do research, gather knowledge and then you'll know your limitations and push it, because no one else is going to do it for you. People will always criticize you but don't give up 'till you are done and you should never be done.
Thanks again to Neel for being an Adstasher Featured Creative.