To kick off the 2016 college football season, XYIENCE announced today the launch of a new integrated social marketing campaign featuring ESPN College Football's Samantha Ponder. Ponder will serve as XYIENCE's brand spokesperson for the second consecutive year.
To kick off the 2016 college football season, XYIENCE, the original great tasting, zero calorie energy beverage, announced today the launch of a new integrated marketing campaign featuring ESPN College Football's Samantha Ponder, who is a contributor to "College GameDay," "College Football Live" and "ABC Saturday Night Football." Ponder will serve as XYIENCE's brand spokesperson for the second consecutive year.
"I am excited to continue my partnership with the XYIENCE team this year. Between work and raising a two year-old, XYIENCE has become a staple in my life to help me get through long days," says Ponder. "No sugar, no calories and it genuinely tastes great! XYIENCE gives me the energy I need to be the best wife, mom and broadcaster I can be."
XYIENCE's college football marketing campaign consists of the following components:
- New TV commercials starring Ponder entitled "Pond Pondering with Sam Ponder" will debut Saturday, September 3, during ESPN's "College GameDay" and Sunday, September 4, on the ABC primetime telecast of Notre Dame at Texas, and will air throughout the season. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsXgiLqA2hHEdAvANbY-IB9_adXwdzPiY
- A social media contest inviting fans to submit their own "Pond Pondering" video script. Winners will have their "ponderings" voiced over by Ponder and the content will be used for new XYIENCE videos.
- An online sweepstakes that will award a trip for the winner and a guest to the college bowl game of his or her choice in the continental United States including airfare, hotel and tickets to the game. Fans can enter at XYIENCE.com.
- An in-store point-of-sale (POS) program including static clings, standees and shippers featuring Ponder and national sweepstakes promotional messaging.
- Experiential marketing and sampling activations at some of the nation's largest college football tailgating destinations.
"XYIENCE's new college football marketing campaign aims to reach older millennials who are increasing their consumption of energy drinks faster than any other age group. Part of our target demographic herself, Samantha Ponder is a household name when it comes to college football, so she is the perfect person to be the face of XYIENCE this season," says Thomas Oh, SVP of marketing for Big Red, the owner of XYIENCE. "This campaign highlights Sam's dry yet relatable sense of humor and lets fans engage with both XYIENCE and her throughout the college football season."
press & img source: